February 26–March 6, 2015
This trip is currently sold out. Please contact us to secure spots on the waiting list.
Featuring Frank Robinson, assistant professor of history
associate director, Center for Latin American Studies
From $5795 per person based on double occupancy
Call (615) 322-3673 or click here to download the trip brochure and register.
Cuba, only 90 miles from Florida, is fast becoming one of the most popular destinations for those yearning for a new culturally-rich experience. Our 2013 and 2014 trip sold out so we’re bringing it back in 2015. Frank Robinson, assistant professor of history and associate director of the Center for Latin American Studies, will share his insights on Cuba's complex history, culture and future. You’ll experience great food, sensational music and friendly people. If you are an antique car buff, it is heaven-on-earth! Your homes during this seven-night adventure are Havana, the capitol, and rural Sancti Spiritus to the east. Daily excursions will include visits to the homes of artists such as Jose Rodiguez Fuster, history museums and Ernest Hemingway’s home, Finca Vigia.
NOTE : Vanderbilt's trip to Cuba is licensed by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control and features a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities that will result in meaningful interaction between the travelers and individuals in Cuba.
- Meals as indicated in trip brochure
- One drink per included meal: bottle of water, coffee, glass of wine, beer, mojito, soft drink, etc.
- Private professional English-speaking national guide throughout the program
- Meet and greet services at all Cuban airports for arrivals and departures
- All transportation as noted in itinerary by modern air-conditioned motor coaches
- All entrance fees for included touring as indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled water aboard motor coaches
- Cuban travel insurance covering medical repatriation expenses only (required by the Cuban government)
- Authorization documentation allowing passengers to clear U.S. immigration upon returning to the United States provided by a licensed Cuba travel service provider and the USA Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Air charter flights from Miami to Havana and returning to Miami, based on economy class service (quoted separately $75)
- Gratuities for guides, drivers, hotel mail service, hotel porters, restaurant waiters