January 27-February 7, 2015
From $5,995 per person, double occupancy
This trip is currently sold out. Please contact us to secure spots on the waiting list.
For more information download the trip brochure or call (615) 322-3673.
Our February 2014 Tanzania safari featuring lions, lodges and luxury sold out quickly, so if you’re interested, contact us soon. You’ll be an eyewitness to the Great Migration—known as one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Leopards, wildebeest, elephants and zebras are just a sample of what’s in store. You’ll travel in deluxe Land Cruisers by day and relax in modern lodges and tented camps by night. Want more? Add on the optional four-night mountain gorilla trek in Rwanda!
View photos from the 2014 Tanzania Safari.
- Expert naturalist guides throughout
- Accommodations that include deluxe lodges and tented camps, carefully selected to emphasize wildlife viewing and comfort
- All meals—9 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 8 dinners—including a special farewell Serengeti bush dinner
- Temporary membership in Flying Doctors Service
- Bottled water while on game drives; coffee and tea with meals
- Internal air from Serengeti to Arusha, as well as transfers for guests on suggested group flights
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, waiters, and housekeeping, as well as taxes, service charges, and park fees
- Lake Duluti Lodge (Arusha)
Boasting idyllic scenery, stunning architecture and design, along with excellent cuisine and service, Lake Duluti Lodge is a perfect retreat for your introduction to Tanzania.
- Kikoti Safari Camp (Tarangire National Park)
This private camp is surrounded by a landscape of ancient boulders, baobab, mopane and fig trees, and is located on the principal migratory corridor from the adjacent Tarangire National Park.
- The Country Lodge (Ngorongoro Highlands)
Just 10 minutes from Ngorongoro Crater, retreat to a comfortable cottage in a colorful garden setting. Friendly and attentive staff will treat you with warm Tanzanian hospitality.
- Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge (Serengeti National Park)
Here, make yourself at home in a thatched circular hut nestled among acacia trees. Surrounded by natural stone and wood décor, enjoy modern comforts and views of the Serengeti wilderness.
- Kirawira Luxury Tented Camp (Western Serengeti)
On a hilltop overlooking the vast plains of the Serengeti National Park, Kirawira offers you a luxurious safari experience, with its Victorian era decor, excellent cuisine, and typical colonial furniture.
- Enjoy game drives in custom, comfortable 4x4 Land Cruisers with guaranteed window seating and roof-hatch access, perfect for safe, up-close viewing of endemic species.
- Stand on the edge of discovery at Olduvai Gorge, where Louis and Mary Leakey uncovered one of our earliest ancestors; and spend a full day at wildlife rich Ngorongoro Crater—one of the likely places to spot the rare black rhino.
- Discover local people and cultures with unique village and school visits to Mto Wa Mbu and a fishing village on the shore of Lake Victoria.