Featuring Cecelia Tichi, William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of English
July 19–26, 2014
From $2,495 per person, double occupancy
This trip will be repeated in the summer of 2015. Please contact us for more details.
This trip is currently sold out. Please contact us to secure spots on the waiting list.
Call (615) 322-3673 or download the trip brochure to learn more and register
"We’ll cruise through the land that inspired one of America’s greatest storytellers—Jack London, whose Gold Rush adventures gripped Americans, even as adventurous women (Klondike Gals) sought their own good fortune in the Northland. I’m excited to share my insight with you on this journey."
There’s no better way to explore Alaska than from aboard the Admiralty Dream—a 33-cabin vessel with an informal, friendly atmosphere. Cecelia Tichi, William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of English, will be on board to discuss Jack London’s prolific writing career and his books based on his time in Alaska. Skilled naturalists will also enhance your journey as we encounter Alaska’s famous fjords, glaciers and marine life. In certain areas, you’ll have the opportunity to take a kayak or skiff to observe the glaciers and wildlife up close. Hiking in Glacier Bay National Park, whale-watching at Point Adolphus and a tour of Juneau are other highlights.
- Access to a local Orbridge host in Anchorage to provide advice and assistance arranging activities in Denali that most interest you
- A full-day backcountry tour with naturalist guide
- Transport from Anchorage to Denali National Park aboard the Alaska Railroad train with upgraded, upper level, Goldstar dome seating
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages on Alaska Railroad train
- Priority seating in the Alaska Railroad train dining room
- Transfers between the airport and hotel for guests on suggested flights
- Breakfast during stay at Grande Denali Lodge
- Gratuities for all guides, driver and porters.
- Admiralty Dream
- This intimate, 33-cabin vessel is perfect for adventure in the wilderness.