Featuring Barbara Tsakirgis, associate professor of classics
July 16-27, 2015
Adults from $8,190, per adult, double occupancy
Children from $5,495
For more informationcontact us or call (615) 322-3673 to learn more and register. Click here to download the trip brochure.
This trip is currently sold out. Please contact us to secure spots on the waiting list.
Introduce your favorite young person to international travel with this family adventure in the ancient Mediterranean. Mythology comes alive on this 10-night cruise with stops in Greece, Turkey and Italy. Climb the Acropolis. Ride a donkey to Santorini’s volcano. Travel to Olympia and participate in your own Olympic games. Explore the ruins of Pompeii. Swim in the Mediterranean. Your home is the 50-guest yacht, Arethusa, whose small size allows it to access in out-of-the-way ports and harbors.
“Come join me behind-the-scenes at the Athenian Agora, visit one of the seven wonders of the ancient world at Ephesos, tour the labyrinth of the Minotaur, and see where the Olympic Games began.”--Barbara Tsakirgis, associate professor of classics and history of art
The Arethusa is a small cruise ship that is perfect for your journey through the Mediterranean. All 26 spacious cabins feature sea views and most include private balconies with floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors.
- Young Explorers Program, a series of educational and recreational activities for children and young adults ages 7–18, led by youth education counselors
- Welcome and farewell cocktail receptions aboard ship
- All meals aboard ship including: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Wine with dinner aboard ship
- Educational program of lectures and discussions by accompanying study leaders
- Professional Travel Dynamics International tour staff
- Complete pre-departure materials
- Baggage handling and transfers abroad on the designated program arrival and departure dates
- Gratuities to guides and drivers